Thursday, February 24, 2011

Exhibition Quilt



I have worked out what I plan to entering in the port Augusta quilters guild exhibition this year. I am president of the guild and really need to enter something . I have had this book of wall hangings made from hexagons for a while and had not really looked at the size used but decided the one on the front cover was what I wanted to make. There are only just over 700 hexagons and they are appliquéd onto a background fabric. The first problem was the pattern used 1/4 inch hexagons ( too small !) I am using 1/2 inch ones and as you can see next to my thimble they are still small. The size is measured along the strait edges not across the middle. I have cut out all the fabric and tacked a few onto the papers yesterday at craft in Quorn. We are going on a fishing / boating holiday in early march. Wayne needs a break, because I can't get into our boat I will stay at the home we have rented. Wayne's brother's and there wife's and his parents are all coming  to Cowell. I will get a lot of this wall hanging completed while we are away . I was going to take my crocheting but its to bit big already to cart around and I don't want it damaged.

No comments:

2018 Retreat

This years retreat only saw 14 ladies attending full time , three others were just day people. Tuesday - Mum taught faux felt book covers ...