Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Interchangeable knitting needle bag

I have spent the last few days trying to make a new bag to hold my interchangeable knitting needles. They came in a folder with plastic envelopes but the sliders brake and I have brought several new envelopes which were supposedly stronger, But they have broken as well. Once the slider brakes they can't be opened without cutting them open. I looked on Pinterest and found several patterns that rolled up. I cut out all the pieces but found another idea so re-cut the bits. I started making this roll up case only to find another idea which was a bag but there was no pattern included :( .  So here is my attempted at making a better bag. It seems to hold all my bits and bobs for knitting except the accentual knitting. Wayne pointed out this small over site. Maybe I will make a mark two. ( I also made a little zipped bag for the ends and markers)

Bag out - side view

All bits and bobs in place

A first for me zipper pocket insert , I watched a you tube video and  Wa-lah I did it. But you may notice I have put the zip in left handed . Its fine for me as I am left handed .
 

Small bag of all the ends and stitch markers. ( see below)


1 comment:

Teena said...

Tammy showed me this bag @ the Adelaide Hills Spinners &Weavers Camp and I have ordered one .They are Brilliant!!

Christmas tree

Tonight is the Christmas dinner for Quilting. We are traveling around 40 km to Quorn .( In the Flinders Rangers) for the meal by bus this y...