Saturday, July 12, 2014

Butterfly Stripe Quilt

I finished this large lap quilt finally today. I started it last year and it has been in my sewing room waiting to be quilted for months . The poor thing has been moved around the room so much , on the floor under the cupboard under the table and then back on the sewing table. I had brought the jelly roll from spotlight on a chuck out table and only payed a few dollars for it but when I opened it the 2 1/2 inch strips were very badly cut some looked like boomerangs with bows at the fold. also the colour was quite washed out. I found this you tube video called jelly roll race and decided that I give it a go. It was great fun and very fast . I had a top made in just over and hour. I would have been quicker if I had filled enough bobbins first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bEJLnaZQOU

Once the top was made it still looked pail so I added the butterfly silhouettes  and a couple of boarders. I still don't like it much . i keep thinking of the saying "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear." I will put it in the caravan or may be use it on the lounge for Nanna naps.

No comments:

2018 Retreat

This years retreat only saw 14 ladies attending full time , three others were just day people. Tuesday - Mum taught faux felt book covers ...