Saturday, May 26, 2012

The wonky blanket

I was given 6 balls of multi-coloured baby pompom yarn and 2 balls of white pompom. I thought it would make a great floor blanket for our grand baby who is due in November. I had heaps so thought a rectangle would be good and because this yarn is a pain to cast I decided on a corner up . I had it all worked out I would knit two balls for the corner then go straight to the opposite corner and decrease to one stitch. some how this is what it looked like
I have no idea what is did wrong but I reversed knitted back to the triangle and started again this time making a square blanket which is what I should have started making. 

I now have a lovely cuddle Rug waiting for a grand child or a friends grand child maybe.
Do you love my slippers? 

No comments:

2018 Retreat

This years retreat only saw 14 ladies attending full time , three others were just day people. Tuesday - Mum taught faux felt book covers ...