Friday, January 31, 2014

Weaving

I can't believe its the end of January all ready . This year will fly by just like the last one at this rate.
I have warped up my 4 shaft loom for the second attempt at becoming a weaver. For Christmas I asked the boy's for weaving related gifts and was lucky to be able to replace the reed and get some more wire heddle's to make the second hand loom like new. Also I brought some spools of Thread to weave with.
Fringe twister 
Reed, thread and heddle's
 I spent three days threading 265 heddle's and the wove a few inches to find I had made a mistake and the had to work out a way to fix it. Can you see the error 
Overshot pattern with mistake

4 Shaft table loom , made in Australia 

No comments:

2018 Retreat

This years retreat only saw 14 ladies attending full time , three others were just day people. Tuesday - Mum taught faux felt book covers ...