Sunday, May 15, 2011

Socks

I have been trying out the magic loop method to knit two socks at a time. 
Its amazing how fast it is, I finished one pair in three days. I have started another pair the same because I I brought two balls of yarn for $5.00 and will get two and a bit pairs out of it. Wayne is quite happy to have two pairs the same colour , I have made the toes different on each pair. If you knit sock and have not tried the magic loop method have a go its fantastic and so easy . Here is the site I use http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/2mlsocks_start.htm
I only make toe up socks but you can use the loop for top down as well.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

I'm Darlene from the "Socks toe up" group. I stopped by to say; "Hi".

I love your yarn and I too have just started using ML 2 at a time for my socks. It took me a bit longer than you to get my socks done as I had things going on in between the knitting. However, they were STILL completed in less than a month. My first pair of socks (the ML pair were my second pair) were done on DPN's and it took me almost a YEAR to get both of them done. So, like you I LOVE doing socks this way! I agree that this way is SO much faster than DPN's.

Hanswife said...

I love ML and wished I would have tried it earlier. I do see that I not only start but finish more socks now that I do it. wonderful colors your husband is a lucky man

Augusta crafter said...

Thank you both for the great comments. Wayne is very happy with my sock's. I am trying a pair of lace socks in red , I will post a pic soon

Christmas tree

Tonight is the Christmas dinner for Quilting. We are traveling around 40 km to Quorn .( In the Flinders Rangers) for the meal by bus this y...