Thursday, August 25, 2011

More yarn



While I was at the retreat I learnt how to paint yarn. It was so easy that I found some white yarn that I had in my stash that was just waiting for my to learn how to make it fantastic ! the top one is some lace weight that's about 600 meters, I will get a lovely shawl out of it now. The second one is sock yarn that was cram and I just's squirted dye onto and wow what an effect I got. I don't think its repeatable though even with the same colours.   The last one is sock yarn brought at the retreat in white. Kathy had a few hanks left over and I dyed it at mum's. I was aiming for a colour Wayne would like but its a bit pink in places.  

1 comment:

Terri said...

Your yarn turned out gorgeous!!

2018 Retreat

This years retreat only saw 14 ladies attending full time , three others were just day people. Tuesday - Mum taught faux felt book covers ...