Monday, November 22, 2010

My Knitting

At the moment apart from all the things I have on the go I am knitting a shawl from my home spun alpaca . It's knitting up great even though there are some thicker spots were I have not spun the best. I have been spinning my own yarn for the last seven years. I was given a Ashford wheel for my 40th birthday. My grand mother taught me to spin as a child. This grand mother also taught me how to do a lot of my handy work. she had me crocheting under 5 and knitting at about 7. since I injured my back at work and was unable to return to work. I have spent my time doing handy craft of all types.  I get bored with the same thing all the time  so I am always looking for new things to try. Just after my back surgery I was bed ridden for a few months I was given a book on tatting it took a while but in the end i had taught myself to tat. It's slow but the lace you get is lovely. unfortunately my grand mother died this year she was 94 I know she had a good long life but I miss her. Grand Pa still going strong , he is 95 and has just got his first computer and is now surfing the net amazing.

No comments:

2018 Retreat

This years retreat only saw 14 ladies attending full time , three others were just day people. Tuesday - Mum taught faux felt book covers ...